Culverden vets is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), the data controller is Culverden Vets, 11 Culverden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9RD
What information do we collect and why?
When you register your pet with us you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, home & mobile telephone numbers and, if applicable, payment information. You may also be requested to give your details for other reasons. These details are collected either in person, by telephone or online, to help us:
* Register your details as a new client or update your details if they change
* Process insurance claims or register health plans
* Make appointments
* Process the fees due for any treatment
* Contact you about your pet, your account or credit status where required
* Deliver a safe and secure service by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes
* Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer polls and surveys
* Enhance your experience by delivering a more personally tailored service
* Respond to any issues or queries
* Notify you about changes to our service.
* We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to our Website.
How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information by:
* Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change
* Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data
We may send you by SMS, email or post, details on offers, products, reminders and services which may be of interest to you. We may also telephone you to discuss treatment details or for market or service research directly related to your pet. We may disclose your personal information to other veterinary practices, referral centres & laboratories involved with the care of your pet, insurance companies in relation to claims or policies for your pet, external laboratories, microchip registers and the companies that administer our Culverden Health Plan, our Practice Management System and postal reminder service. We may use for the purpose of promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, in any media worldwide, any comments or feedback (excluding personal data) which you post publicly or provide to the surgery, without notice and without any fee being paid. We may disclose your personal information and data to third parties in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Culverden Vets, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our internal investigations including customer complaints and claims.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise your right not to receive marketing information at any time by emailing the heading ‘STOP NEWSLETTERS’ to email@example.com or by telephoning 01892 520296. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. This is called a Subject Access Request. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Culverden Vets, 11 Culverden Park Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9RD, enclosing your postal details, two copies of identification, and details of the specific information you require.
If you have any queries about data protection, please contact us on 01892 520296